- To engage in grassroots energy efficiency projects
- To create inclusive community solutions to climate change
- To inspire diverse groups of people to take energy conservation into their own hands
- To promote environmental justice by making these opportunities accessible to everyone
- To support environmental sustainability throughout Central Massachusetts
We strive to promote environmental sustainability as well as social and economic justice though collaborative home energy efficiency projects. We organize energy barnraisings which empower and inspire diverse groups of people to take energy conservation into their own hands. Through barnraisings, volunteers have the opportunity to learn valuable, replicable skills from team leaders that they can use to gain experience for green collar jobs and apply at home to trim down energy consumption and heating bills, while simultaneously reducing our collective carbon footprint. We are translating the negative effects of climate change into inclusive community solutions that are accessible to everyone.